With an increasing emphasis on sustainability and environmental accountability, Environmental Engineers become vital protectors of the environment. Adopting engineering and scientific principles, you will seek solutions to safeguard and improve the environment. The quality of air, water, and soil is your primary focus. As cause-and-effect experts, Environmental Engineers can predict the consequences of building projects and find alternative or mitigating solutions.
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT
The tireless efforts of Environmental Engineers today ensure that there is a sustainable tomorrow. The invaluable work you will engage in include the following:
- Monitoring environmental improvement programmes, inspecting industrial and municipal facilities, developing objectives for proposed projects, and advising corporate and government agencies of clean-up procedures for contaminated sites.
- Designing processes, systems and equipment to control water, air and soil quality, and managing remediation and clean-up.
- Developing and using programmes related to conservation and management of natural resources.
- Training others in compliance standards and maintaining quality-assurance documentation.
- Working with scientists, planners, hazardous waste specialists, and others addressing legal and business connections to environmental problems.
- Providing expert assistance in database development, network and regulatory analysis.